THE CATMASTERS CLASSIC RULES
Each team must sign and acknowledge.
1. There will be a drawing held at captain’s meeting determining what lake each team will begin fishing on Thursday between Wilson and Guntersville Lakes.
2. Top half finishing teams will advance to Saturday’s Championship on Wheeler Lake.
3. Teams will be released on Saturday in order by their finishing place for Thursday & Friday.
4. All Fast Pass anglers will be released in the first flight.
5. There will be no teams allowed on Wheeler Lake Thursday or Friday.
6. Weigh in locations for Guntersville Lake and Wilson Lake will be announced.
7. All boat will be checked each morning at Ingells Harbor starting at 4am. From there all teams may travel and enter lake at designated ramps.
8. All participating teams must show proof of hotel stay in Morgan County for Wednesday and Thursday nights of the tournament.
9. If there Rea more than 100 teams preregistered for the tournament by February 23rd teams fishing Wilson may lock to Pickwick.
10. IMPORTANT NOTICE: There will be a 500-800 boat Bass tournament on Guntersville Friday of the tournament.
11. Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Any disorderly conduct will be ample reason for disqualification. Any violation will result in automatic disqualification.
12. All-State and Federal rules will be observed.
13. Check-In and late registration will be from 5:00-7:00 PM the afternoon before the tournament begins.
14. Captain’s meeting will be held the afternoon before the tournament begins. One participant from each team MUST be present for the mandatory meeting. If fishing by yourself then you must be present. No exceptions.
15. A maximum of 3 people allowed on the boat. No age limits.
16. This is a 3-day tournament event. Top half finishing teams from Thursday and Friday will advance to the Final Day on Wheeler Lake. All team finalist will start with a zero weight on Saturday.
17. Tournament Hours will be announced before the tournament begins.
18. Weigh in locations will be announced at later date for Wilson and Guntersville Lakes.
19. Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method. No Trotlines, Limb Lines, Hoop nets or noodles will be allowed.
20. A maximum of 5 fish per boat will be weighed in. Only 2 fish may be over 34in.
21. Weighing in a dead fish will result in DISQUALIFICATION.
22. A livewell is REQUIRED. Livewells must be 1 – 50 gallon single tank or 2 – 40 gallon tanks minimum with adequate aeration and capable of fresh water recirculation. All boats MUST BE AT CAPTAIN’S MEETING FOR LIVEWELL INSPECTION. The tournament director will have the final call on all livewells. If the director believes a team’s livewell is inadequate he reserves the right to remove the team from the tournament. If you have any questions about your livewell please contact the tournament direct before the tournament.
23. There will be no limit on how many rods can be in the boat however only 10 rods will be allowed in the water at any given time.
24. Only 2 hooks per line allowed.
25. No snagging will be allowed.
26. No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
27. No chumming.
28. No fishing intentionally or known baited holes.
29. Any LEGAL commercial or natural bait may be used.
30. All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
31. No buddy fishing.
32. No fishing outside of the boat.
33. No alcoholic beverages allowed during tournament hours.
34. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test or whose condition does not permit administration of a test because of contestant’s use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified.
35. Ties will be determined by team’s biggest fish. If the tie still exists the tournament director will decide with a coin flip. The team that traveled the furthest will get to call it in the air!!
36. Any protests must be made before the end of the weigh in.
37. This is a catch and release tournament. All fish become property of The CatMasters after they are weighed.
38. All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
Rules subject to change.