THE CATMASTERS CLASSIC ON LAKE TAWAKONI RULES
1. To qualify for the CatMasters Classic on Tawakoni, the captain must have fished one other CatMasters event fo the 2021-2022 season
2. There will be a 125 boat cap.
3. Thursday and Friday will consist of 5 fish limit of which only 2 over 30″ allowed each day.
4. The top 20 teams from the accumulated weight on Thursday and Friday will move to Saturday championship round.
5. On Championship Saturday, there will be tournament marshals on each boat. All fish will be weighed, accumulated and released except for big fish, which can be culled throughout the tournament hours. (Big fish will not be weighed and added to total until end of tournament at stage scale)
6. Only 1 big fish will be brought to stage scales.
7. Champion will be determined by total accumulative weight of all fish (NO LIMIT) caught from Saturday. All weight totals will be kept by each marshal (not shared publicly) until stage appearance.
8. There will be big fish awards given for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
9. There will be 2 mobile camera boats and an emcee that will coordinate with marshals throughout the day for live footage. Recorded footage from marshals throughout the day will also be posted in live updates.
10. Registration will open August 2, 2021 for the Classic. Registration fee is $400 per team.
11. Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Any disorderly conduct will be ample reason for disqualification. Any violation will result in automatic disqualification.
12. All-State and Federal rules will be observed.
13. Check-In and late registration will be from 5:00-7:00 PM the afternoon before the tournament begins. Location to be announced. One participant from each team MUST be present at check in. If fishing by yourself then you must be present. No exceptions.
14. A maximum of 3 people allowed on the boat. No age limits.
15. Tournament Hours will be announced before the tournament begins.
16. Teams may use any public ramp on Thursday & Friday. Time to enter tournament waters will be announced before the tournament begins. Top 20 qualified teams will launch on Saturday at Tawakoni City Park in the order by place finish from Thursday & Friday.
17. Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method. No Trotlines, Limb Lines, Hoop nets or noodles will be allowed.
18. A maximum of 5 fish per boat will be weighed in. Only 2 fish may be over 30″ with a minimum of two anglers on boat.
19. Weighing in a dead fish will result in DISQUALIFICATION.
20. A livewell is REQUIRED. Livewells must be 1 – 50 gallon single tank or 2 – 40 gallon tanks minimum with adequate aeration and capable of fresh water recirculation. The tournament director will have the final call on all livewells. If the director believes a team’s livewell is inadequate he reserves the right to remove the team from the tournament. If you have any questions about your livewell please contact the tournament direct before the tournament.
21. There will be no limit on how many rods can be in the boat however only 10 rods will be allowed in the water at any given time.
22. Only 2 hooks per line allowed.
23. No snagging will be allowed.
24. No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
25. No chumming.
26. No fishing intentionally or known baited holes.
27. Any LEGAL commercial or natural bait may be used per TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
28. All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
29. No buddy fishing.
30. No fishing outside of the boat.
31. No alcoholic beverages allowed during tournament hours.
32. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test or whose condition does not permit administration of a test because of contestant’s use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified.
33. Ties will be determined by team’s biggest fish. If the tie still exists the tournament director will decide with a coin flip. The team that traveled the furthest will get to call it in the air!!
34. Any protests must be made before the end of the weigh in.
35. This is a catch and release tournament. All fish become property of The CatMasters after they are weighed.
36. Participants may fish only Lake Tawakoni (We will add boundaries at a later date).
37. All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
Rules subject to change.