For LIVE results click HERE!
Toledo Bend Rules
These rules have been established to encourage fairness, safety, conservation, and significant care for the fish caught. It is the goal of this event to move our sport forward as an example for all to follow.
- Entry Fee $350 Registration. This is an open tournament to all teams.
- Entries made and paid for are prohibited from being sold, bartered or given away without the expressed written consent of a tournament official. All Entries Are Final!
- This tournament will take place Friday March 17th and Saturday March 18th.
- Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Any disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification.
- Any violation will result in automatic disqualification.
- All State and Federal rules will be observed. It is up the the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
- Check in at North Toledo Bend State Park pavilion by the boat ramp on March 16th, 6-7pm.
- All teams may enter tournament waters at 6am at any public access ramp on Toledo Bend Lake. The state park gate will be opened at 5:30am Friday & Saturday. There will be no check in required each morning of tournament.
- Fishing Times 7am-3pm
- All boats must be in line by 4:30pm at North Toledo Bend Lake State Park
- Teams are limited to a maximum of a 3 person team.
- All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only.
- A maximum of 5 fish per boat will be allowed at weigh in.
- Teams are allowed to have as many rods on board as needed. However, only 10 rods are allowed in the water at any given time.
- No snagging will be allowed
- No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- No chumming.
- No fishing intentionally baited holes.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
- Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- No fishing outside of the boat.
- No alcoholic beverages, marijuana or illegal substances are allowed on board or used during tournament hours.
- Trailering will be allowed at any public ramp on Toledo Bend Lake. Boundaries for Toledo Bend: all waters accessible from main lake
- Onboard live wells must be no less than 50 gallons, employ an electric fresh water circulating pump and include proper aeration.
- Weigh in will begin and take place at the stage located at North Toledo Bend State Park.
- There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 5 fish in live-well at weigh in it will result in disqualification.
- Dropping of fish at weigh in is discouraged.
- No dead fish will be allowed at weigh in and will disqualify your team.
- No culling of fish at weigh in.
- Ties will be decided by the team with the largest fish.
- Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
- This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released healthy and alive. They may not be taken home with tournament participants.
- Angler’s that consider their catch to be a possible record will be responsible for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes.
- Social Media live feeds are allowed and encouraged. However, caution must be used not to reveal too much relevant information when going live during the tournament hours.
- Boats will be capped at 100 boats with 10 additional at directors’ discretion.
All fishermen could be subject to a polygraph exam.
NOTE: There will be someone at the weigh in site throughout the tournament. If you have a large fish or fish that will not survive until 4:00PM, you may bring your fish to be weighed and recorded. We will then release the fish and you can continue to fish. Once the weight has been recorded and the amount of fish you may not cull when you come back in.
If you have fish that you feel will not survive until weigh in time bring them in so they can be weighed and released. That is why we have someone at weigh in. So that the fish can be released with the least amount of stress and a successful survival rate.
Boat numbers will be issued in the order entries are received and payment is made.
This is a live document. Rules are subject to change without notice.