THE CATMASTERS Lake Texoma Tournament – Jan 24-25, 2020
Rules will be handed out at Registration. Each team must sign and acknowledge.
Choctaw Event Center
Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Any disorderly conduct will be ample reason for disqualification. Any violation will result in automatic disqualification. All-State and Federal rules will be observed. A valid fishing license is required. (A Texoma license is available for purchase to be legal to fish both sides of the state line)
Check-In and late registration will be from 5:00-7:00 PM on Thursday, January 23rd at the Choctaw Event Center location.
Captain’s meeting will be January 23rd at 7pm. One participant from each team MUST be present for the mandatory meeting. If fishing by yourself then you must be present. No exceptions.
A maximum of 3 people allowed on the boat. No age limits.
This is a two-day tournament, a winner will be decided by total weight from both days.
Entry Fee is $300 for pre-registrants or $325 if registered after December 1st with $50 additional for Big Fish.
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM on Friday 24th
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM on Saturday 25th
- Teams may use any public ramp and may not enter tournament waters until 5:30am each tournament day.
- Must be in weigh-in line at Choctaw Event Center by 4:30pm each day.
- The use of mobile communication devices such as cellular phones, marine radios, etc. to communicate fishing information during tournament hours is prohibited.
- Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method. No Trotlines, Limb Lines, Hoop nets or noodles will be allowed.
- A maximum of 3 fish per boat will be weighed in. Two fish over 30in. And 1 under 30in. Allowed each day!
- Weighing in a dead fish will result in DISQUALIFICATION.
- A livewell is REQUIRED. Livewells must be 1-50 gallon single tank or 2-40 gallon tanks minimum with adequate aeration and capable of fresh water recirculation. All boats MUST BE AT CAPTAIN’S MEETING FOR LIVEWELL INSPECTION. The tournament director will have the final call on all livewells. If the director believes a team’s livewell is inadequate he reserves the right to remove the team from the tournament. If you have any questions about your livewell please contact the tournament direct before the tournament.
- There will be no limit on how many rods can be in the boat however only 10 rods will be allowed in the water at any given time.
- Only 2 hooks per line allowed.
- No snagging will be allowed.
- No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- No chumming.
- No fishing intentionally or known baited holes.
- Any LEGAL commercial or natural bait may be used per TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
- No buddy fishing.
- No fishing outside of the boat.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed during tournament hours.
- Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test or whose condition does not permit administration of a test because of contestant’s use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified.
- Ties will be determined by team’s biggest fish. If the tie still exists the tournament director will decide with a coin flip. The team that traveled the furthest will get to call it in the air!!
- Any protests must be made before the end of the weigh in.
- This is a catch and release tournament. All fish become property of The CatMasters after they are weighed.
- Participants may fish only Lake Texoma (We will add boundaries at a later date).
- All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
- Rules subject to change.